Lead generation landing pages are hard to come by these days. It takes a lot of effort, time and skills into creating one that will generate a huge number of leads. According to a study conducted by Wishpond, about 87 per cent of users are not converted by the landing page they visited because of lacking in features and aspects.
Landing pages are essential in a business because the number of qualified leads gathered equates to the number of new clients. There are a number of reasons why your landing page is considered bad:
- Not making any changes because leads are coming in regardless of the number.
- No idea on what aspects to change in the site.
- Afraid of making changes because potential clients might not be happy with it.
Here are some of the top reasons why landing pages continue to generate fewer leads or no leads at all:
- When dealing with business online, trust is your number one investment. According to a study conducted by UX Matters, about 70 per cent of consumers are not going with a specific insurance agency because their information does not build trust. People should be able to invest their trust thus the landing page should contain positive testimonials from current clients.
- While providing information is a good thing, too much of it may not be as good. This is why it is recommended that an insurance agency’s land page should be as simple as possible. Too much content can overwhelm the visitor and might shift their focus from the actual product the company is selling.
- Presenting the product in a complicated manner is a common mistake. For a brokerage, it does not require that everything should be detailed in the landing page. A simple description of what the company is offering will suffice. Consumers that do not understand the technicalities might feel intimated in doing business with the company if everything is presented in jargon they cannot relate to.
- Lead generation landing pages that contains a lot of “calls to action” might not be aware of the harm they are doing. Visitors who are challenged to make decisions will more likely leave the site thus it is the job of the company to ensure that customers know what actions to take and what the next steps are.