Donald Trump will be the third US president to be inaugurated in the 21st century, an age that is dominated by the internet and computers. The president-elect is quite proficient with social media although he remains sceptical with emails, the internet and the computer.
In one of his press conferences, Trump told reporters that computers are complicating lives greatly because although there is speed and a lot of things, it does not have the kind of security that is needed. Because of widespread internet and email use, many Americans are exposed to security problems like hacking and identity theft.
On the other hand, Trumps’ views on computers and the internet do not jive with most Americans. According to Pew Research Centre, almost ¾ of American adults own a desktop or laptop with 92% of internet users still using emails. Former President Barack Obama owns an iPad and uses a laptop to receive the President’s Daily Brief of classified information.
Trump’s scepticism over computers is not just a matter of connecting because he will be inaugurated into office at a time when the United States faces the challenge of intense cyber security to the radicalization of US citizens online and the slew of recent hacking attacks orchestrated by foreign governments.
In spite of the confirmation of the US Intelligence Community regarding Russia’s meddling of the US presidential elections, the president-elect has continued to reject the findings on Russian hacking. He has raised doubts on whether Russia was actually behind the hacking. Perhaps, his distrust of the conclusions is meant to protect the power of his electoral mandate.
In Trump’s sworn deposition published by the New York Times, he claimed not doing emails although his secretary sends emails on his behalf. According to Trump, he does not own a computer in his home or office. However, 29% of American adults are still confident over the privacy and security of their email records.
If your home or business needs routine maintenance, energy-savings upgrades and new electrical installations, your best option is Electrical Contractor in Perth that ensures safe and proper procedures in the job so that is gets done right the first time.
Posted in News
Researchers at ESET have recently discovered a new exploit kit that is spreading through the internet via malicious ads on established websites that generate high traffic. Over the last two months, cybercriminals have targeted users of Internet Explorer on computers with vulnerabilities in their Flash Player. Hackers have attempted to download remotely and execute different types of malware through loophole exploits.
ESET has said that the newly identified attacks fall under “malvertising” because of the distribution of malicious code via advertising campaigns. Steganography or “Stegano” is the exploit kit that cybercriminals use to hide some parts of the malicious code in the pixels of an advertisement’s banner images. Once the victim’s computer has been infected by malware, the cybercriminals will start to download and execute the malware.
According to Nick Fitzgerald that senior research fellow of ESET, it is important to ensure that operating systems and application software are fully patched and updated. Aside from targeting systems using specific web browsers and outdated Flash versions, Stegano invests extensive efforts to avoid running on common security research computers whether it is virtual, sandbox or a standard infectible machine so as to avoid detection. Stegano also complicates ongoing monitoring and research activities.
Fitzgerald provides computer users with the following tips to prevent being infected with malware:
- Run security updates and patches to determine whether your computer has been infected with malware
- Always make sure to check for any suspicious activities on online banking accounts. Check whether there are fraudulent transactions.
- A proper security solution must be customized for your device and user habits to avoid malware attacks.
- Change your login credentials and strengthen your passwords
The recent Stegano “malvertising” campaigns have targeted Australian internet users who have not properly updated and configured their security apps.
In Australia, some residential and commercial properties want to enhance the beauty of their gardens. When there is a need for tree pruning or tree lopping, the best option is arborist in Perth who has the training and experience to ensure a safe and efficient tree service. If a tree in your garden is dying, the solution is tree removal which is also a service provided by arborist Perth.
Posted in News
There are many believers of Utopia and even so in the United States. A recent illustrated map was released showcasing some of the utopias built then eventually turned into worst nightmares.
- Home Colony and the Radical Nudists. Home was known to be a group of people who are aiming for free love as well as anarchists supporters. The utopia eventually turned out to be involved in a nudist feud. Home was established back in February of 1896 and started by three individuals who are looking for individual freedom. They started at the small inlet which is located 10 miles from the Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. This is where Home was founded and served as their colony. The founders are Oliver A. Verity, L.F. Odell and George H. Allen. The problems sarted when many residents complained about their nude bathing which is a norm for them. Many were arrested for this reason. Home was dissolved when World War I broke and anarchism is no longer a big issue.
- This is a spiritual utopia that intended to invade the local government and was considered as the largest bioterrorism movement in the US. It started in Dalles, Oregon but it originated in Poona, India back in 1970. They created a salmonella raid in an attempt to force the people in voting their candidate in the local government. The move created an opposite effect and the locals voted against their representative. The utopia eventually collapsed in 1987 and the foundersfleed the country.
- Octagon City. This utopia was created by Henry Clubb back in 1856. Every structure in the Octagon City is of octagonal shape. This is the utopia with the shortest term, lasting only for a few months. The colonists recounted how the conditions were bad inside the Octagon City and eventually the utopia dissolved in 1857.
Fruitlands. It was built in June 1834 by Charles Lane and Bronson Alcott. The system was created to avoid the corrupt society and people had a chance to lead a simpler life. The utopia which was included in the map illustrations eventually dissolved becauseof lack of food.
Posted in News
The planning department of the Doncaster Council has already given the go signal for the extension of the West Moor Park Distribution. The park will be located in the south part of Holme Wood Lane Armthorpe. The approval would also mean that there will be an additional 528 jobs that will be opened at the current Next facilities found on the site.
According to reports, they were able to discuss at the meeting things such as a major company will be providing a large investment for the project. As a result, there will be more than 500 opening for those who are looking for jobs at the new warehouse. In addition, 528 jobs will be secured at the current Next facilities.
The good news was confirmed after Next was given the approval to build a new warehouse which will have a manufacturing factory for sofas to be located at the site in Armthorpe. The new factory will have an area of 600,000 square feet and will be placed adjacent to the warehouse of the company. It is said to be operating starting this August.
According to the CEO of the Doncaster Chamber of Commerce, Dan Fell, Next is one of the biggest employer of Doncaster and it is a possibility that more jobs are going to be available. This confirms the fact that Doncaster is considered a national hub when it comes to warehousing as well as logistics thus more major businesses are coming to the area. This is attributed greatly to the excellent infrastructure that the town has to offer.
There are some concerns that were voiced out regarding the effect on traffic as well as noise in connection to the building of the extension. The plan was given the go signal but it must adhere to agreement stated in Section 106 that demands the developers to provide funding for any road improvements near the site.
Paul from Pro Jett is positive with the news of another warehouse being built as long as the plumbing system follows the standard required. This is not the only good news as there are other major developments that are set to open in the area.
Posted in News
Planning a Christmas party at home can be very stressful. But planning a Christmas party for an office event is even more so. If you would think about all the time and the effort that you would have to put in the planning, it can get overwhelming. If this is your first time planning for an office event, here is a simple step-by-step guide to help you out.
- Set a date. During the Christmas season, schedules can get quite hectic that is why you must set the date early before your co-workers start making plans for the holidays. Once you have decided on a favorable date, you should immediately send a ‘save-the-date’ mail to your co-workers. This will also present you the opportunity to change the date in case majority of the attendees disapprove of it.
- Set a budget. Determine the exact amount to spend on the party because doing so would help you know what kind of party you can organize. Consider the type of organization you have as well as the personalities of your co-workers.
- Decide on a party type. Your Christmas party can take on many different routes however, you should also consider the size of your company, the budget and where it will be held. Will it happen during the day or the evening? Will your co-worker’s husbands, wives and partners be invited as well? Should you go for a packaged party or a casual party at a bowling alley or ice skating ring.
- Look for a venue. Go around and look for available venues on the date that you have decided on. Visit a number of venues as much as possible and find where you will most benefit at.
- Choose a theme. Even if you decide on a formal party, you would still need a theme for the party. You can go winter wonderland, James Bond, Masquerade or 1920s just as long as you design your venue based on your theme.
- Food & Beverage. Food can either make or break the party that is why you must organize a good catering. Select a menu and food type. Add in a vegetarian selection for people who don’t eat meat. Beverage can either be pre-order drinks or you can pay for what is consumed on the night.
- Mixing it up. Remember to provide entertainment for the party. Music is always a must. You can hire a live band or a DJ. You can even go for magicians, casino tables and cabarets.
- Invitations & Favors. Make sure to design the invitation appropriate to your theme. Do not forget about party favors or Christmas gift bags because people always love receiving treats.
Posted in News
The internet plays a very big role in the success of self-storage facilities like StorageManchester.co. Years ago, facilities can be searched through Yellow Pages but with the introduction of internet, potential customers have more access to information about the self-storage facility including the amenities they provide. Consumers are better informed before they make a final decision.
According to Comcast, it is upgrading its Internet Essentials plan to make sure that senior citizens get connections. The Pay-TV and internet giant has started the program in 2011 so that discounted internet services and computers can be offered to low income families. Because of the step undertaken by Comcast, more than half a million American homes or more than 2 million Americans can now go online.
The Internet Essentials program of Comcast is presently available to families that have one child who is eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program that includes public, parochial, private and homeschool students. Internet service is available for these families at $9.95 a month with the potential to purchase an internet-ready computer for less than $150.
In a blog post on Comcast’s website, senior EVP and chief diversity officer David L. Cohen announced upgrades that include increased download speeds from 5 Megabits per second to 10 Mbps at no additional cost with a free Wi-Fi router. With the upgrade, it will easier for families to connect to the internet simultaneously.
Comcast is also launching a pilot program that will help low-income seniors understand and the use the web. According to Pew Research Center, less than half or 47% of those aged 65 and above have broadband in their homes.
Cohen has made the announcement in West Palm Beach Florida where the first pilot program will start with the Urban League of Palm Beach. In the coming weeks, more pilot programs will be announced by Cohen.
Internet Essentials program grew from Comcast’s acquisition of NBC Universal. The net and cable provider agreed to provide increased broadband deployment to the low-income group for 3 years. The vision of the Comcast is to invest in communities because when they thrive, everyone benefits.
Posted in News, Technology
Last Sunday, numerous Albertans have gathered at the rotunda of the Alberta Legislature to celebrate Black Ribbon Day. Black Ribbon Day was established in order to remember the numerous victims of the Nazi regime, Nazism itself, and communism. This event has also been associated by many others with the tyranny happening in today’s modern times.
Sunday specifically marked the signing of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact or the Treaty of Non-Aggression between Germany and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. The pact was named after the Soviet foreign minister, Vyacheslav Molotov, and the German foreign minister, Joachim von Ribbentrop.
The pact specifically entails how there should be no belligerence between the two parties as well as never having to ally with the enemy of each party. During this treaty, about two million people, which can be estimated as the total population of Edmonton and Calgary combined, were sent to Siberia. Unfortunately, out of these two million people, only 505,000 people returned.
According to the deputy chair of committees, Richard Feehan, the world should not repeat the inhumane acts that were committed before. He also said that the survivors of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact are a proof that the human spirit always goes beyond evil.
David Shepherd of the Edmonton-Centre had also remarked on how there is still hope for people to achieve a future that is free from violence as long as there are people who are willing to stand up to and fight against the crimes against humanity.
People believe that the Black Ribbon Day will send a message on how human rights should be valued. Currently, similar crimes are still present today. There is cruelty, torture, imprisonment, violence, deprivation and death and the people who had launched Black Ribbon Day feels that they it is their obligation to remember the suffering of the victims of tyrannical regimes. To this day, the struggle is not yet over as many people are still victims, becoming victims of oppression.
One of the event’s organizers used the situation in Ukraine as an example. This only goes to show how history keeps repeating itself over and over again.
Posted in News