British pilot Andy Wallace watched with disbelief footage of himself reaching 304 miles per hour in a Bugatti Chiron. It looked quite easy like a video game but Wallace said it required months of preparation, endless testing of wind tunnels, the right tires and an overwhelming amount of tech.
The Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+ boasts of 16 cylinders, 4 turbo-chargers and 1,600 horsepower. Engineers developed the car with speed in mind and it can cruise faster than a small plane. Since Michelin was already making tires for the standard Chiron, they knew how to upgrade the Super Sport’s tires.
According to Benjamin Vilpert, a Michelin engineer, his team headed to Charlotte, North Carolina where their firm helps NASA test tires for the space shuttle. Michelin wanted to ensure that the tires it has developed for Wallace’s high speed run will pass all known boundaries. They learned the limits of the current tire and reinforced it with belt. They tested the tires after defining the right conditions.
Testing of the tires involved several computer simulations and high speed runs on a dynometer. Because technology was very precise, the Chiron never touched down in Charlotte. The Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires that were developed by Michelin were only mounted a week before testing started on the Ehra-Lessien track in Germany.
Bugatti was able to find out how the Chiron would handle as it approached and exceeded 300 miles per hour through computer simulations. Testing started in a wind tunnel that allowed speeds up to 65 yards per second. Since 149 yards per minute on the track must be covered, digital tools were used to fill the gap.
Digital tools helped the engineers in shaping the car’s aerodynamic profile including the extended rear end that will keep the car planted on its 4 wheels through the addition of drag. Wallace was confident because technology prepared the Chiron for the high speed run.
Even if you do not have a Buggati, you can buy brand new Michelin tires that are guaranteed free from defects. Because great emphasis is placed on precision, almost all popular tire designs are available to accommodate different needs.
Posted in Business, Machines, Technology
In a business, it’s important to keep employees and customers secure. Part of that lies in ensuring that employees are easily identifiable. Uniforms, IDs, everything to ensure that no one with any insidious intent hides amongst the many employees of the business.
Of course, in business there are costs and security is no exception. Some companies, to spare themselves the cost of hiring an external service provider, purchase their own plastic card printer, and decide to make the ID card production process with the appropriate facilities in-house. Of course, this means more cost, and more maintenance; an ID printer is, of course, another piece of equipment; it takes space, it costs money, and it requires regular maintenance. Regular maintenance is key to keeping any piece of equipment running properly, ensuring that they are worth the cost of acquiring them in the first place.
For a plastic card printer, regular use leads to dust and dirt making its way into the internal components of the device, such as the roller, exacerbated by the fact that the cards used for ID printing have a tendency to generate and discharge a notable amount of static during the printing process. Over time, this leads to lower quality prints, manifesting as blurry images, distorted text, wrongly tinted colors, etc, which is not desirable.
Here are some tips to keep that printer in tip-top shape:
- Use cleaning swabs. Whilst it may be somewhat problematic to have to rely on more equipment, in this case, cleaning swabs, to clean the printer’s mechanisms, it will ensure the best result. Using anything ill-fit, with sharp objects being a notable egregious example, to remove dust and debris from the printer may lead to permanent damage to components, which would necessitate the need for a replacement, which costs more.
- For more complete cleanings, consider a cleaning card. For cleaning the internal mechanisms of the printer, such as the rollers and printheads, a cleaning card is a must. They are designed specifically for such a task, and, conveniently, purchasable in any store that sells the printers themselves. Whilst the cleaning cards are quite costly, they can help maintain a plastic card printer like no other, and are very much worth the investment if used properly.
- Using a cleaning roller can improve performance. A cleaning roller is an extension to the printer that picks up particulates from blank cards mid-printing so that the printer remains as clean as possible, and consequently, the prints remain as high quality as possible. Consider the options when buying one; branded or generic, singular or multi-packed.
Posted in Business, Machines
An air compressor has different applications, depending on the industry where it is being used. Air compressors are utilized for inflating tires, operating nail guns, furniture manufacturing, cleaning and many more. If you are in need of an air compressor, it is important that you buy the equipment from a reliable supplier in order to safeguard the reliability of the product and also to ensure that you will get a genuine item at a pocket-friendly price. Here are some ideas on where you can find high quality air compressors.
Local hardware shops
The local hardware shops in your area would definitely offer air compressors of various shapes and sizes. The good thing about offline shopping is you can actually check and peruse the equipment which makes it easier for you to decide which of the offered brands you are going to purchase. However, buying offline means going to different hardware stores in order for you to buy an air compressor. This can be time-consuming and you would also have to spend on gas. You would have to devote several hours in order to buy the right product for you.
Second hand stores
You can also find air compressors in second hand stores whether online or offline. The good thing about buying from second hand stores is that you can get the product at a much lower price. Used equipment is ideal for those who are working on a budget and for those who will not use the equipment extensively or for a long time. You just have to ensure that the air compressor is still in good condition before you finally do the purchase.
Online equipment suppliers
Perhaps the best source of air compressor is online shops. You can choose and visit different websites without going anywhere and at your own convenience. You can do the shopping during your lunch break or just about any time when you feel the need to. Online products are also offered at a lesser price because suppliers have lesser expenses on overhead. You can also find deals and discount items from online stores.
Posted in Lifestyle, Machines
There are several reasons why rotary dryers are utilized in industrial settings especially in mineral and food processing industries. The machine is used for drying bulk solids or basically to reduce liquid and moisture content of materials by subjecting it to direct heated gas.
The rotary dryer comes with a big rotating cylinder component called drum shell. It works by allowing drying air or process gas to flow through the drum and come in direct contact with the subject being dried. Rotary dryers are generally used in post-drying and pre-conditioning stages wherein post-drying involves the reduction of moisture content of the final product while pre-conditioning is the drying of material before the actual processing.
Among the numerous benefits of rotary dryers, here are four of them.
- Customized processing. One of the reasons why processing industries choose rotary dryers is due to the machines capability to customize its products. A standard rotary dryer yields generic outputs. However, there are rotary dryers that enable operators to customize the drying process in order to optimize efficiency. To customize outputs, consider the characteristics of the materials being dried and tailor the settings to these characteristics.
- Superior products. Rotary dryers are known to dry granules and pellets like no other. Compared to other dryers in the market, rotary dryers are more preferred by operators because of the machine’s efficiency. It also has its refining capabilities that materials fed to the machine comes out round and polished without the loose edges due to its tumbling action on the material’s bed during drying.
- Tough applications capabilities. Rotary dryers are proven to be more reliable in heavy-duty applications. Although they can be used in polishing and drying fine granules, they can also be employed for drying heavier and tougher materials such as those in the mining industry. The usual materials used with rotary dryers include ores, minerals, gypsum, phosphates, limestone and potash.
Reliable processing. One of the strengths of rotary dryers is its ability to yield high-quality consistent output despite inconsistent feedstock. A rotary dryer can be fed with uneven, coarse, wet or dry material but it will always produce evenly dried finish product.
Posted in Machines
The ongoing trend today is for sustainable packaging wherein packages are designed to be safe and effective throughout its lifecycle. The manufacture of packages should make use of renewable energy with minimal carbon footprints. Packages must be recycled efficiently as a valuable resource for subsequent production of packages. A family-owned company that is behind the plastic packages used by some of the largest American food and consumer goods manufacturers is endeavoring to make its automation system more sustainable by looking for a way to easily replicate new control system upgrades and enhancements into their machines. Their choice of technology is the PC-based control to ensure that their products are safe and environmentally responsible.
It has been the company’s mission for years to provide sustainable packaging to its clients. In order to achieve the goal of being environmentally responsible, the company regrinds plastic leftovers from the production processes and melts it back down to be reused for renewable drink cups, lids and portion containers. To-go boxes are entirely made from plant-based materials so that even if they are thrown in the landfills they will not result into negative effects to the environment.
Where does automation come in? Traditional PLC-based manufacturing systems no longer match the objective of enhancing sustainable products. If the manufacturing systems are upgraded to the PC-based control architecture, the benefits will include enhanced overall data collection, easier programming, better machine performance and higher product quality. With global expertise, customers are assured that the thermoforming machines meet global standards and design specifications. Due to the open architecture of and flexibility of PC-based control, it can easily be replicated on other machines so that their systems can be upgraded and enhanced. This will ensure that packaging machines will become more flexible and sustainable.
Among the different PC-based control types that are expected to transform all the machines, TwinCAT software will enable an efficient process of migrating to higher performance while continuing to use the standard PC-based control architecture. This technology will also ensure that the goals of providing best in-class plastic packages for customers will be intensified particularly in the food manufacturing industry.
Posted in Machines, Technology