Tens of thousands of seniors plan to spend their retirement days travelling to tourist destinations. One of the more popular destinations in Australia is the Northern Beaches in NSW near the Pacific Coast. Since most seniors are now tech-savvy, they use their mobile phones to book an airport transfer from Cairns Airport to the stunning Northern Beaches.
Since most seniors have fixed income, they do not have to receive large bills for their internet and mobile use. There are seniors who own a laptop, computer or mobile phone for their emails and to make some Google searches. It is also typical for seniors to use their gadgets to manage accounts and payments.
If a senior user does use Word and his only online requirements is email or Google search, an Android tablet or a Windows laptop will suffice. Both devices have all the free required apps.
Most seniors do not need Microsoft office 365 which means, they do not have to pay for a $129 yearly subscription. A decent mobile plan is good enough because seniors do not often play games or stream however, there must be flexibility to change plans without any lock-ins. Their devices are often used at home and only require a 25Mbps plan. This will allow a senior to enjoy Netflix or other streaming services.
Meanwhile, it is also common for some seniors to stream a lot. This usually happens when they have multiple TV’s and computers. In this case, they can upgrade to the 50Mbps or 100Mbps plans. An option to reduce the need for a larger mobile phone plan is to use Wi-Fi data when at home.
Many mobile phone carriers offer mobile broadband but it is usually too slow to allow streaming. Most mobile broadband only have 5/10/20 GB monthly data allowances which are only enough to check emails and make Google searches.
The smartphone can be used as a 4G modem so that only a few GB will be required per month. The smartphone can be tethered wirelessly to the laptop. The smartphone will appear as a Wi-Fi router SSID. The senior can use the smartphone instead of spending $15 with Vodaphone to get a home modem.
Posted in Business, Internet, News, Technology, Tips
According to a WTKR report, a woman who wants to remain anonymous almost became a victim of sexual assault were it not for the Emergency SOS feature on her iPhone. A friendly stranger who was asking for help to find his lost phone tried to sexually assault the women at the Oceanfront. The woman allowed the stranger to use “Find My iPhone” app and everything nearly turned into a nightmare.
You might never need it but it is important to learn how the Emergency SOS feature works. First, make sure that you are running the latest version of iOS, particularly those with older iPhones. Since iOS 11 works on devices that are as far back as the 2013-era iPhone 5, it would be a good thing to use this version on your device. If it is possible, try to upgrade to iOS12 to ensure that your location will be sent to the local 911 center if and when you use Emergency SOS.
If your device is an iPhone 8 or later, activate Emergency SOS by holding the side button of the device and one of its volume buttons. Emergency services can be called by flicking the slider that appears or by holding down the two buttons to trigger a countdown. Once the countdown hits zero, the device will automatically call emergency services.
For those with older iPhones like an iPhone 7 or earlier, tap the device’s top or side button 5 times in a rapid manner and then drag the slider to dial emergency services. The countdown feature is not available on older iPhones.
In the middle of the attack, the woman held the power and volume button down at the same time and the device automatically dialed 911. Since dispatch was on the line listening, police were sent to the woman’s location. The police caught the attacker who took off and run down the beach.
If you are accused of sexual assault, you need to talk with a criminal lawyer who will tell you about your rights, the defences and the legal system. The burden of proof is high in the criminal court and assault must be proven without any reasonable doubt.
Posted in Business, Emergency SOS, Internet, Service
Lead generation landing pages are hard to come by these days. It takes a lot of effort, time and skills into creating one that will generate a huge number of leads. According to a study conducted by Wishpond, about 87 per cent of users are not converted by the landing page they visited because of lacking in features and aspects.
Landing pages are essential in a business because the number of qualified leads gathered equates to the number of new clients. There are a number of reasons why your landing page is considered bad:
- Not making any changes because leads are coming in regardless of the number.
- No idea on what aspects to change in the site.
- Afraid of making changes because potential clients might not be happy with it.
Here are some of the top reasons why landing pages continue to generate fewer leads or no leads at all:
- When dealing with business online, trust is your number one investment. According to a study conducted by UX Matters, about 70 per cent of consumers are not going with a specific insurance agency because their information does not build trust. People should be able to invest their trust thus the landing page should contain positive testimonials from current clients.
- While providing information is a good thing, too much of it may not be as good. This is why it is recommended that an insurance agency’s land page should be as simple as possible. Too much content can overwhelm the visitor and might shift their focus from the actual product the company is selling.
- Presenting the product in a complicated manner is a common mistake. For a brokerage, it does not require that everything should be detailed in the landing page. A simple description of what the company is offering will suffice. Consumers that do not understand the technicalities might feel intimated in doing business with the company if everything is presented in jargon they cannot relate to.
- Lead generation landing pages that contains a lot of “calls to action” might not be aware of the harm they are doing. Visitors who are challenged to make decisions will more likely leave the site thus it is the job of the company to ensure that customers know what actions to take and what the next steps are.
Posted in Business, Internet, News, Technology
Let’s face it. Everybody enjoys being in front of a big TV screen especially when there’s an intense NBA game between the Spurs and the Cavaliers. Or, let’s say you’re a die-hard fan of the Green Arrow and the latest episode of “Arrow” is airing, there’s no better way to watch it than in front of your trusty TV. However, you can be in front of the TV 24/7 no matter how you wish it can be done. There’s simply no way it can be done. The good news is: there are various alternatives which you can use to feed your needs for a TV. Visiting websites such as http://bbciplayerabroad.co.uk/ can provide you an online player which will allow you watch TV as if you’re in front of your own TV at home. You see, BBC, for one, has its BBC iPlayer which can be used by clients who want to watch BBC shows when they are away from home. And let’s face it, being able to watch your favourite BBC shows on your smartphone or laptop computer is better than not being able to watch anything at due to various reasons.
Now, visiting http://bbciplayerabroad.co.uk/ which can give you access to the BBC iPlayer can be very beneficial. There are other websites too which offer the same thing: the ability to watch live TV channels. Some are free. Most of the time, you need to be a member of the website and worse, you will need to pay certain fees just to gain access to the channels you wanted to watch. Now, below are some benefits when you watch through websites such as http://bbciplayerabroad.co.uk/ especially if you are someone who really prefers watching BBC shows than any other TV shows:
- Accessibility is one of the most enjoyed benefits of watching live TV through such websites. You don’t have to be in front of an actual TV. You just need a reliable Internet connection which is needed to be fast too. This works perfectly for people who work abroad.
- You can also look back at your favourite episodes of your favourite TV series even if that show is no longer being aired.
Posted in Internet, Lifestyle
Big telecom operators from Vimpelcom to Telefonica are prepared to reinvent themselves as internet players in order to set themselves free from the industry’s straitjacket of low growth. Spain’s Telefonica will introduce its broad plan called the 4th Platform at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona while Russia’s Vimpelcom will remake itself as a tech player in messaging apps.
Telefonica’s 4th Platform will help consumers and business customers to have greater control over their data instead of giving it away to the web giants. Vimpelcom, Russia’s emerging market operator has undertaken a total overhaul of its business as it prepares for deeper internet partnerships with streaming music sites and online transport services.
In the United States, AT&T, the telecom giant has signed a few huge deals to diversify through its acquisition of Direct TV for $67 billion. AT&T is currently waiting for the approval with its offer to purchase Time Warner for $110 billion. According to lawyer Tom Levine, head of Allen & Overy’s global telecom practice, telecom operators are forced to look to new sources of revenue and margins due to the pressure of regulations and pricing.
There is also an open question whether the industry has the structural capability to change. Telcos have been hoping to break free from the shackles of consumer regulations so that they can branch out to internet services in their local markets but they are always beaten by new global startups. As telcos brace to offer their customers new networks that can handle increasing data use on phones, cars and offices, dramatic changes seem to occur. There is the new generation of 5G networks that will provide a new business option however; it will also result into competition from computer, internet and industrial players that have their own digital plans.
On the other hand, there are still areas where weak mobile signal is experienced in spite of network improvements. In order to strengthen and stabilize signals, the option is mobile phone signal booster that is easy to install and manage. For more information on the device that will allow you to send messages and receive and send calls without problems, visit MyAmplifiers.com.
Posted in Internet, News
According to a recent study from strategic multichannel consultancy Practicology and UX testing provider WhatUsersDo, brands are making serious mistakes on mobile strategies causing them to lose money on the investment. The study found out that there were basic mistakes in download capabilities, optimization and poor design that would result into frustration and bad experience that retailers could not afford.
Most of the promotional content on mobile was not optimized for smaller screen sizes and certain web pages were not actually optimized for mobile. Download problems are often encountered with the homepage menu stuck permanently for some users. Some sites were rather slow to load on mobile and this did little to inspire confidence on a brand. It often leads to users assuming that there is something seriously wrong with the site.
Other challenges that the study found out on some sites included problems with completing forms at checkout and failure to scroll past he maps on the store locator results page. However, there were reports of some new features on mobile product results page. Features that are very useful to consumers include ease of finding contact and returns information.
The report also revealed that meeting customer’s expectations on mobile are becoming more important than ever because people have become rather reliant on mobile. In the past, web users would often blame their devices for their poor experience but as smartphones have become highly sophisticated users have realized that the mistakes are something that retailers have to be resolve. Most retailers still have to go a long way in order to maximize their revenue.
Mobile plays an important role in a business’s marketing strategy and it means delivering an outstanding customer experience. It is strongly advised to Perth electricians to start considering personification at the center of the marketing strategy. Personification means understanding the journey of your customer before he makes a decision. In most cases, there is an emotional reason why the decision has been made and it needs a lot of data to extract that information. To arrive at the right marketing strategy, it is important to gather and analyze data about potential customers.
Posted in Internet, Investment, Technology
Whether you are at home, at the street, or at work, it can be safe to assume that computers have taken over the world. Heck, almost everything runs on a computer now. But the question is why? Why do people have taken such a liking to computers? The answer is simple: “they make life easier.” Everywhere you may go, you would find something run by a computer.
When people talk about computers, it wouldn’t take long for the subject to shift towards the Internet. Nowadays, people have become obsessed with the Internet. Technically speaking, the Internet is defined as a global network of interconnect computers and as such, it is able to connect millions of computers worldwide. You can say that about 190 countries are linked to data, news and opinion exchanges because of the Internet.
But what is the Internet exactly used for? Why do people love to go online all the time? What can they get by doing so? Although the Internet isn’t particularly owned by a single individual or entity, it provides a lot of uses to all kinds of people.
- The internet is a global hotspot for information. If you want to know something, you can rely on the Internet to provide you with information. Because of this, the Internet is the best place to conduct research. It doesn’t matter what topic you had in mind, the Internet will answer anything you might ask.
- The Internet has been credited with making the world smaller and connecting billions of lives together. Through emails, blogs, social media, forums and chat rooms, one may be able to communicate with other people effortlessly.
- Online shopping has become popular nowadays. In fact, e-commerce has quickly become a multibillion dollar industry. Whatever a person wants to buy, he is sure to find it online. You can even look for professional services online. For example, if you want to hire a plumber, you only need to look for websites like www.cphboilerrepairssheffield.co.uk
- The Internet provides loads of entertainment options. Online games, music, books, movies, sports and even news, you can all get that if you go online.
- The Internet allows a person to see the world. Through satellite imaging applications (like Google Earth), travel sites, live webcams, and online almanacs and encyclopedias, one would be able to explore the world.
Posted in Internet, Technology